It is advisable if traveler has basic knowledge about his destination. Munnar travel tips mentioned here can be useful for first time tourists and even repeated visitors.
Location of Munnar: 120 Km from Kochi
Altitude of Munnar: 1500 to 2500 meters above sea level
Nearest Railway Stations:
Theni (Tamil Nadu) – 60 km from Munnar
Aluva – 110 km from Munnar
Cochin International Airport – 125 km from Munnar
Madurai (Tamil Nadu) – 140 km from Munnar
STD Code: 04865
Spoken Languages In Munnar:
Main spoken languages in Munnar are Malayalam and Tamil, the local languages of Kerala and Tamil Nadu. English is enough to communicate with local people.
What Attracts Visitors To Munnar:
- Cool Weather
- Greenery Of Tea Plantations
- Natural Beauty
- Refreshing Air
- Misty Hills
- Water Falls
- Curly Rivers
- Trucking Through Hills And Forest Areas
- Neelakurinji, the plant blossoms only in 12 years
- Nilgiri Tahr, the endangered species of mountain goat
- Buy locally produced tea leaves, Kerala spices and home made chocolates
- Calm, relaxed vacation at a wonderful travel destination
- Elephant rides and adventure tourism
- Visit to tea factory
- Delicious Kerala Spicy Food
- Ayurvedic Massage
- Bike rides and boating
- Locally grown vegetables and fruits
Best Time to Visit Munnar:
More Munnar travel tips related to weather. You can visit Munnar throughout the year. Avoid travel in June and July, the monsoon. The roads may get damaged in heavy rainfall and transportation becomes difficult .
The weather is extremely cold in December and January, the winter. Carry woolen garments in your luggage.
If you go for evening walk, carry a portable torch with you as it may get darker early.
Usage of sunscreen lotion is advisable to protect you from sun burn.